Content Specialist / Copywriter
The Content Specialist is responsible for developing content to accomplish customer goals and the execution of marketing tactics.
- Collaborates with the Director of Marketing and marketing team to develop and execute content strategies and tactics based on the project objectives and results.
- Develops compelling content with the appropriate information, tone, and audience understanding to achieve desired response.
- Ad Copy
- Landing Page Copy
- Social Media Content
- Website content, including blogs
- Email Copy
- Collateral, i.e., brochures
- Develops/Executes SEO strategies to achieve tactic objectives.
- Local directories, link building
- Keyword research
- Content optimization
- Website optimization
- Initiates timely, clear communication:
- With customers-for edits, approvals, information, results, and updates.
- With Strategy team-for execution
- Demonstrates initiative to resolves issues quickly and effectively and identifies bottlenecks and issues requiring assistance.
- Uses data and knowledge of the customer and best practices to proactively recommend changes to existing tactics, next steps, additional services, etc.
- Uses tools such as Asana (project management), Harvest (time-tracking), Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong writing/editing skills
- Basic understanding of marketing principles
- Basic understanding of SEO principles
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent organization and attention to detail
- Ownership and problem-solving
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects
- Written, verbal, and nonverbal communication skills
- Motivated and excited to learn new things
2+ years of experience with content development.
1+ years of experience with SEO strategies, for example on page optimization, local listings, backlinks etc.
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business or related field.