While you are busy building your business, your website may be left behind.
As an essential part of your digital presence, something needs to change. After all, your website is one of the major ways your customers connect with you.
It tells customers who you are, what services you provide, and why they should do business with you. But if you’re not getting the results you want – it’s time to evaluate your next steps.
Check out these 5 common website complaints and ways to jump-start your digital presence.
1. Business is Slow
If you haven’t kept up with the shift to digital marketing, your website traffic and lead volume may have suffered.
Customers expect to find content on your website that provides helpful information to learn more about who you are, what services/products you offer, and why they should do business with you.
However, if your website is lacking, or it’s hard to find essential information, then it’s time for an upgrade. Does your website:
- Have pricing, scheduling and detailed product/service information?
- Offer blog content or other helpful information?
- Lead website visitors to next steps like a contact form, offer, click to call, email subscription, etc.
- Provide value that sets you apart from competitors such as 24/7 service?
If business is slow, make your website works harder and generates more leads. We’ll show you how.
2. Competitors Got Ahead
Whether you follow the competition closely or at a safe distance, you may have noticed they are taking advantage of digital strategies to help boost brand awareness.
Is your competitor benefiting from:
- A modern, fast, mobile-friendly, easy-to-use website
- Advertising on Facebook and Google
- First page visibility on Google
- Awesome reviews
- A marketing agency to support them
3. Google is Always Changing
Google is constantly changing. Over the last couple years these changes have had a significant impact on your website’s visibility on Google’s search results pages.
Some changes that may have impacted your website’s traffic include:
- Increased security requirements, learn more
- Mobile-first search preference
- Importance of reviews, high-quality links, and speed to your website authority
- Creating and frequently updating a Google My Business listing
- New ad and shop options
4. Content is Out of Date
If your website feels old and outdated, and the content has been the same for months, or years, it is time to consider a refresh.
High quality, valuable content, optimized for search performance, is a must for creating a great user experience and increasing website traffic. Consider content details like:
- Content that will build awareness and answer questions when customers are searching
- A clean, modern design that looks great on mobile and tablet devices
- Organized content to help customers find essential information and frequently asked questions
- Pictures and graphics that show (vs. tell), so people can easily scan your website
- Blog content that helps you show your brand personality, tell success stories, and educate customers
5. No Time to Figure It Out
Most business owners don’t have time to figure out their website, let alone use it to generate leads.
But there are some website features that can make your life easier and help you connect with your customers, for example:
- Ecommerce applications to help sell products online
- Contact forms to generate leads
- Email subscription
- Events registration
- Social sharing
- Search engine optimization tools
What Are Your Next Steps?
If your website isn’t working for you, don’t worry. There are plenty of ways for your brand to get noticed online. The most important thing you can do is to keep going. Check out more free marketing insights on our blog.
If you’re ready for a next step, let’s talk. Our web design and development services can help you meet your business goals, stand out from the competition, and take your brand to the next level.
Together, we’ll develop a plan to help you be found online where your customers are searching.
Get started with a free consultation.